Blackout speakout for Canada

by Raymond Parker on June 4, 2012

in Environment, Politics

VeloWeb is still here—I haven’t blacked out the whole site—but I am foregoing my usual Monday post in order to draw attention to the critical threat Canada faces from the anti-science, anti-democratic juggernaut of the Harper regime and their corporate backers.

Please organize, in whatever way you can, to defend this great nation.

Top 5 Reasons to Speak out | http://www.blackoutspeakout.ca/

Ryan June 5, 2012 at 3:17 am

I joined in yesterday blacking out my main blog.

This is sort of off-topic (but still related), however I just want to commend Elizabeth May.
I’ve always found her to be a strong leader, but the past month or two listening to her in interviews on TV or the videos she releases on YouTube about this ridiculous “””Budget””” bill, I have been even more impressed.

Raymond Parker June 5, 2012 at 9:56 am

I’ve also been impressed. May has a personal stake in this fight. Many of the laws the Harper regime is dismantling she helped craft in the ’80s, when she worked for then-Minister of Environment Tom McMillan … in the party the Reformers hijacked.

How many people remember the betrayal that led to that merger? It should have put all Canadians on notice for the degeneracy we’re now witnessing. They have no scruples.

Ryan June 5, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I think what Conservatism has become in Canada is a disgrace. I actually use to support many Conservative ideas, voted for them once and liked or respected many of their members. I always left the door open to voting Conservative.

Now I have a hard time supporting ANYTHING Conservative. Will abstain from voting before I ever give them my ‘X’, and utterly despise every single member.

I really do wonder if it’s because of the refomers or if I just ‘grew-up’.

lee kenney June 7, 2012 at 10:20 am

It is the duty of every citizen to question authority! Bill C38 environmental cutbacks were even critiqued by Mulroney and former Fisheries ministers. There is a ethical deficit created by partisan politics, such as election fraud, robo-calls and lack of due diligence. 1984 and Animal Farm come to mind when I judge politics today. Rant, rant! As I am putor challenged, Ray I spotted and viewed a 1974 Vancouver bike video {with 2011 inserts} on bike hugger, complete with beetle count, look for someone you know. More searching for you. Great super 8 stuff. This curmudgeon stuff is hard work!

Raymond Parker June 9, 2012 at 8:56 pm

That’s a great video, Lee. Thank’s for the heads up.

I recommend the longer, 13-minute version, but you’ll have to give me a better hint as to who I know.

lee kenney June 18, 2012 at 9:36 am

The Second narrows bridge, I’m sure it was Harold Hedd flashing a peace sign.

Raymond Parker June 18, 2012 at 10:15 am

Lee, you have a better memory than me.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: